Friday, January 18, 2008

Yes, I'm Still Here

This is the picture that I have in my locket to see each day when I'm feeling blue. Magic Smile. I've had several friends comment that they've worried about me the last couple of days since I've not been writing. Wednesday and Thursday have been the hardest two days since Trav's murder. It's not hardly bearable to face your child's birthday without him to share it with you. Jeni, Necon and Lydia came over on Wednesday evening after work and brought supper. I'm afraid I wasn't very good company, but it sure was good to have them here for a while.
I was unable to work, but Randy did work some of the time. He was good to check on me and watch over me while I was hard to be around. Just be glad that you didn't have his job. :) Actually, he had just as hard a time as I did and we attempted to support each other. Now that we're past the middle of the week, we are looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday. We felt very loved during the past week. Many of you have contacted us with cards, calls, text messages, e-mails, even flowers and food. You're making me very spoiled. We love you all.

I enjoyed my birthday dinner with Randy, Caralee and Neil. The HAPPY BIRTHDAY songs that I had to bear from Tina and Becky were even enjoyable. However, I can do without the reminders that I'm OLDER than everyone.

No comments: