Randy and I have looked at a Patio Home/Townhouse for a couple of weeks now in Maumelle. We have wanted to downsize for quite a while. We really only use half of our space. After Trav's murder we feel that this is the right time to make the move and begin in a new location. Randy knows a young man who owns a local real estate office who came by the house to have a look so that he can come up with some comparison prices in the area during the last six months. He's made a few recommendations for small improvements. We began this last weekend with the first closet. Boy, that was a challenge! I did pretty well until I got to Trav's Teeny League baseball jacket. I'm sure Necon has one just like it somewhere. We'll keep trying to clear some things and pack boxes to store or sell. Making changes is an uncomfortable time anyway without the complication of missing Travis and having his things around. Say a little prayer that things will go smoothly and our house will not take long to sell. If you have a hankering to paint some walls we can accommodate you. :) Love to all.
Our family began on April 11, 1980. Randy and I were married almost two years when our joy was born on January 16, 1982. Travis Clark Wilson was 10lbs. 8oz. of pure excitement! This site is dedicated to him. Jesus took his hand and lead him home on May 31, 2007.
Monday, January 28, 2008
An Eventful Weekend
Last night we attended the blessing service at Pleasant Valley Church of Christ. There were a lot of new babies at their church to be blessed. I've never seen so many babies in a sanctuary before! Of course, Lydia was the prettiest and the best behaved baby in the church. She had a beautiful dress with yellow trim and the sweetest bow in her hair.? She also had Trav's yellow blanket with her that Great-Grandma Minnie made for Travis when he was born. It was such a touching service and all of the babies were pictured individually on a slide show during a lovely song. I cried some, but it was a mixture of joy for Lydia and sadness missing my own baby. Afterwards, we all went to the Parkers' home for some delicious treats. They have such a lovely home and were so kind to include us in the group. I've included a few pictures from our evening. I wish we had more from the church but I was very pleased with the one Randy made of Jeni, Necon and Lydia following the service.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment