It seems like my birthday has been going on for weeks. First, Sharon sent me flowers before my birthday and a beautiful engraved ring with an inspirational message. Next, I received flowers from Tommy, Karmin and Attacus. The following day I got flowers from Necon, Jeni and Lydia; a bracelet including Mexican food with the Pfeiffers. On Sunday I got more lovely flags from Becky and Steve, a fish charm from the McKinleys, Crocs from Jess, $ from Hazel and Lloyd, a sweet plaque from the Porters, a devotional book, dream catcher and teddy bear from Manuel and Beth and a warm-up suit from Laura. Plus, a special day with all of you sharing your memories. Now, to top it all off, today Jess treated me to a birthday lunch at Buffalo Grill and Beverly brought me a touching figure of a Mother & Son as well as dinner at Razorback Pizza. You guys have totally treated me like a queen. I cannot imagine that I've ever been treated in a more special way. 56 didn't hurt at all!
I've got to add that Randy and I were totally thrilled that the memorial to the AR Game and Fish Foundation donated on Sunday amounted to $665.00. I'm certain Travis was equally pleased to be remembered in such a meaningful way. Randy will make sure the donations are used to support the education program in north AR close to where Jo and Steve Wilson live. When Travis went with us to visit their home on the White River, he said, "this must be what heaven is like." We think of you every minute of the day, son.

No comments:
Post a Comment