Randy had the alarm set this morning and I asked him why. He said, "I've got to hit it runnin". I replied, "Hit what?" Apparently he was under the impression that I was going to jump out of bed and do some chores. WRONG!
I didn't tell you that yesterday even the Hispanic lady, Herminia, and her sister-in-law, who come twice a month to clean the house, knew it was my birthday and I opened the door to a HAPPY BIRTHDAY song and flowers, teddy bear, Herminia's daughters, and a sweet card. They also work for my friend, Melissa, and had seen my birthday posted on her refrigerator!
We end every evening with a Bible reading, a GRIEFSHARE thought on e-mail, and an inspirational thought from the book, GRACE for the MOMENT by Max Lucado. Last night the reading began with a quote from Hosea 10:12, "Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge." Then M. Lucado continues, "Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nurture it with a smile and a prayer, and watch what happens....Seeds are planted, and topsoils of hurt are shoved away. Don't forget the principle. Never underestimate the power of a seed." I truly believe that Randy and I are fortunate to be harvesting Travis' efforts to nurture others with his smile and love. Thank you, Lord for allowing us to witness this miracle!

No comments:
Post a Comment