Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Worked Today


OG and Lydia

Today I went back to work for the first time this week. It was a very busy day. I have found some peace in a decision to not take a medical leave and continue to work as many days as possible. This journey has sure been full of hills and valleys, but so far we've survived them all. My principal has been very supportive and understanding. She's not complained or been negative in any way. I'm fortunate to have that kind of boss. I think if I was home every day I'd go nuts for sure. It's been good for Randy and I to continue our visits to the counselor each week. His experience with counseling in the area of grief has been tremendously helpful to keep us on the right track. I feel blessed that God showed us a compassionate and knowledgeable professional to help. I felt emotionally and physically drained after Sunday, but I loved seeing everyone and hearing stories about Trav. That is the way we are going to keep him alive in our hearts. Thanks again for being a part of our celebration.

No comments: