I had a call yesterday from Andrew's Mom, Joy. She asked if she could come to visit with us. I agreed and arranged for her to come today at 11:00. Her visit was only about 20 minutes. She wanted to let us know that she was thinking of us and wanted to help if there was anything that she could do. She let us know that she is also attending counseling and has been hurting for us. Apparently, she attends Quapaw Methodist Church where Steve Singleton's sister, Betsy, is the minister. She also has met his sister Gail and some of our friends who are there now from Henderson Methodist. She said that there have been many prayers for our family at their church. I shared the scripture cards that we gave to our guests on Sunday and the web address for GriefShare. We shed some tears together and Randy never spoke except for his greeting when she arrived.
Later, Randy and I began cleaning out a closet in the office so that we could begin to store some things away before we place our house on the market. I had a few emotional moments when we came upon Trav's baseball jacket. I guess I'll wait a while to attack his bedroom closet. I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet. We drove through the cemetery today to check on things and I always speak to Trav while I'm there. It's been quite a full day after all.
We're excited to go the the service at the Warriors church tomorrow evening for Lydia's blessing. We're also meeting Brad and Keri for lunch tomorrow so I guess it will be another full day. We seem to be staying very busy.
Thanks to all of you who keep in touch with us and check on us regularly. You're very good medicine. Love to you all.

No comments:
Post a Comment