Sunday, February 17, 2008

We Took the Plunge

No, we didn't go swimming. Today we met with the agent at Maumelle and made our final deposit on building our patio/townhome. He expects that the building should begin in a few weeks and that it will be finished by the end of the summer. All of you start praying really hard that our home sells for a fair price within that time frame and we are able to finish all of the little repairs by the end of February. We need to get it listed by the first of March, I'm sure. Our offer for painting practice still stands. We've got two bathrooms and our bedroom to get painted. Randy's been working for 4 days on removing the wallpaper in the front bathroom. It's been a tedious job and he's finally coming close to the end of that phase. I imagine by next weekend he'll be ready to start painting. There's a ball tournament the last weekend in March, so I'd love for him to finish before then. I've been having some problems with my blood pressure and the cardiologist has me monitoring my bp each am and pm before my medicine. After I call in the results this week, they'll make a decision about necessary changes. Pray that I can stay well for the remainder of the school year. I'm sick of my paycheck being docked every time. We have standardized testing coming up and middle school registration. I need to be at work. Pray, Pray, Pray, please.

2 comments:

~~Kerri~~ said...

Okay- so I don't really know you but I have sent MANY prayers up for you. Beth Warrior is a dear friend of mine. I learned of your sons death only hours afterwards. I found your blog through Jenni and Tashas. You are an amazing woman and I know God is blessing you and sustaining you. Your writings and words from a heartfelt mother rings true through everyone.
God Bless you today. You and Mr. Randy..... I guess if you have not got those volunteer painters yet, I have done my share, maybe I can come and help. HAHAHA

Karen S. Wilson said...

Kerri,

You are so sweet to offer to paint for strangers! Randy and I will do fine, I'm sure. I was just giving all of our friends a hard time. Thank you for the prayers and support you've given. We've been blessed with many brothers and sisters in Christ praying on our behalf. God is good to send angels, such as you, to give us messages of encouragement and hope. I'm glad you've kept up with my blog. It's been a means for me to vent my grief as well as share my faith in our Redeemer. The people who know us well have a very personal perspective when they read my thoughts. I'm glad to hear that they have been meaningful to someone who doesn't know us. Our son was such a pleasure to be around and the center of our lives. We miss him tremendously, but we know that he's in good hands. God bless you and yours.

Sincerely,
Karen