Saturday, March 29, 2008

Keeping Busy

Last night Beverly stayed at our house while Randy was gone to OK for softball after she treated me to supper at Carino's. We stayed up pretty late making room plans for our new home and visiting. I always enjoy my time with Beverly. She's such an understanding friend and easy to talk to about things in my heart and on my mind. Today we got up early, had breakfast and went to the Bassett Furniture Store to see the fabric samples for the furniture Randy and I ordered. While we were there I found a perfect side table for the living room. Our next stop was the lighting store in Maumelle for Beverly to check out the fixtures we selected. After cruising through the neighborhood to see the progress on our property, we had Mexican food at a restaurant there which I'd never tried before. It was pretty good. We drove out to Keo to visit Morris Antiques with strict instructions from Randy that we were "just looking". We didn't see anything that we really wanted to buy anyway. It was a full day of running around.

Both Darin and Jeremy had called to invite me to church so I met them and Meredith at church. The service was more meaningful than the last one I attended. I enjoyed the message and the music. After church I went to eat at Cock of the Walk with Jeremy, Meredith, John and his wife, Laura. The visit was nice and I was glad I kept busy all day. I've missed Randy, but he's called a couple of times today to report on the games. In the first 3 games he was 12/14 and had hit 5 home runs! I hate that I missed all of that excitement. I'll be glad when he's home tomorrow.

No comments: