Friday, March 7, 2008

Trav's Wisdom


Travis wrote the following in his journal for a composition class at UALR on April 13, 2006. I've treasured his writings and been amazed at the extent of his wisdom. I wanted to share his words with our friends.

"You can achieve anything in life that your heart desires. There is nothing that you can't do, just obstacles to get around. You may have to try a little harder or even sacrifice things that are important to you. You may have to give them up for good but most likely temporarily. It depends ultimately on how bad you want to reach your goal whether you are willing. Willingness is a better term than can or can't because that is exactly what it is. It's not that you can't do it, it's that you are not willing to try."

Trav, I'm willing to face each day without you here. Knowing that our family will be together for eternity is my only consolation. Dad and I are so glad to have the messages you left behind for us. Your journal has not only given us a reminder of your feelings for each of us, but a look into your thoughts about life and your journey. We will always love you, son, and keep you alive in our hearts forever.

No comments: