I've been walking since the end of June each day. I reached a new distance yesterday! 2.2 miles!!!!!!!!! I was so excited to get over the 2 mile mark. I know many of you runners are probably getting a good laugh over my excitement. Go ahead. Someday you'll be 56. Hopefully, you'll never allow yourself to get as out of shape as I've done. Travis was a good role model for me. I'd get so tickled watching him run on the treadmill when the weather was unbearable outside. When he would run, the whole house would shake! (literally) Sometimes he'd get distracted by the t.v. and get tripped up. That was a REAL SIGHT! I'm feeling his presence with me while I'm working to increase my distance. What's so funny to me is that I've never heard myself say before, "I need a sweat band for my head." I have always hated to sweat!!
Thanks to everyone for your prayers for Jess' mom and family. Lee has moved to a regular room at the hospital and is off of oxygen. She'll be moved to a rehab in a few days. That's wonderful progress. Love to you all.
Karen
No comments:
Post a Comment