Thursday, January 13, 2011

Missing Travis Sooooo Much

MY BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!
I really don't know how to begin what I need to say. These have been the most horrendous 3 years 7 months and 13 days of my life. Each day I make myself get out of the bed and follow a routine. I try to "act" as normal as possible not to upset those around me. Yes, I pray and continue to lean on my Heavenly Father. However, the pain does not subside, nor the need to hold and talk to my son decrease. Everyone has been supportive and loving. I'm forever grateful for our Christian friends. Without Randy I'm not sure where I'd be today. He keeps me grounded and comforted. I know that his grief is as overwhelming as my own, but he pushes himself to take care of business and me. I'm still confused about the lack of compassion and comfort we've gotten from Ray and Pam. Instead of acknowledging our pain, they continue to feel that we somehow have "wronged" Andrew by feeling that he belongs in jail. Maybe some day they will begin to understand our suffering and show some love toward each of us. I'm anxiously awaiting that day. How does this earthly life offer any solace? God, please give us your strength and peace as we face each coming day. We are holding onto your promises for eternal life AND PEACE WHICH SURPASSES UNDERSTANDING.
Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for you...as well as praying that Jesus will come back and get us all very soon.