It was a quiet vacation this year. I did get to visit with Randy Bumgardner and Aunt Marie one day. It's always fun to catch up with them. I had lunch with Caralee and Becky which was much-needed on my part. I've really missed seeing all of them lately.
We went to Branson for a few days around Christmas. Freddie and Jerry have a new condo there and it is very nice. They joined us for a couple of days. It was a quiet retreat and VERY cold. I'm not one for freezing weather. It did snow a little while we were there but the roads were still clear. Sophie had her first experience with snow and freezing wind. She didn't seem to mind it as much as I did when I took her out. Randy took care of that most of the time.
She's doing quite well with her house-training. We've had lots of laughter with her around. Somehow this Christmas was extremely depressing for me. Our memories of Travis at Christmas were with me throughout every day. I am very thankful that I have Randy with me. I don't know how I could face this loss without him by my side.
On a lighter note, we went to Tunica last Saturday and left Sophie with Megan. I hit a Royal Flush on video poker and 4 aces twice and Randy hit a Royal Flush maybe 5 minutes later. It was so exciting! We had two wonderful meals there with Mom and Dad; one at Sam's Town Buffet and the other at Paula Deen's Restaurant. YUMMM!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment