Monday, December 21, 2009

School's Out for TWO WEEKS

Boy, I was way past ready for a break. This first semester has been tremendously busy. The students were so excited about the up-coming holiday that they were wired!! I was able to sleep in for a little while today. Sophie actually let me sleep until 9:30 without stirring. However, Randy had already taken her out before he left for work. I'm sure that made all the difference.
She's received a new sweater from Laura and a rhinestone dog bone and S for her collar. She also got a new bed from Grandma and Grandpa Wilson. She's a little ball of fur, but lot's of entertainment around here. I made a picture of her in her new bed. She's constantly bouncing in and out of it.

We're expecting all of the Oxford employees here tomorrow night for supper and we leave on Wednesday for Branson. I'm really looking forward to this down time. Christmas season commercials and decorations still depress me, but I guess that will not change for a long time. Things are just not the same anymore without Travis and the joy he brought each day. We love you, son, and miss you more than I can say. You're in my thoughts constantly and my heart aches continually to hear your voice and hold you. God's arms are around you now. I'm thankful that I will see you again in the future. It's awful hard now, though without you. Forever, Mom

No comments: