Sunday, August 30, 2009

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

I will describe a typical day for you. I get up in time to arrive at school by 7:30. I am running, answering pages, meeting with students/teachers/administrators all day until about 3:15. I leave work and go straight to Oxford where I pay bills, make deposits, answer the phone, and update the accounting system. I leave there by 6:00 usually and try to figure out what is for supper. Luckily, Randy is a tremendous help around the house and helps me keep the cleaning caught up and laundry done. It's an exhausting cycle, but I've handled it pretty well. I began 1 day after school was out working at Oxford and things are pretty organized there. Megan and I have a system in place that seems to be working. I learn something new every day. It's been a huge undertaking for me, but challenges are new adventures, right? We still don't have the business legally separated. The accountants are working on it.
Jess, Andy and Hartley are gone for a week to Jonesboro so it's pretty quiet around here. I think they'll only be back for a few days before she leaves for El Dorado and Andy goes back to New Mexico. I don't know what their plans are after that. Jess still wants to get into medical school, but she has to get well first. She has a doctor's appt. on Thursday this week. We'll see what he says about her condition at that time. She's been a real trooper. She's been our walking every day for several weeks now. I hope her back is healing properly so she doesn't have to face surgery.
I've missed hearing from all of you. We went to Lydia's birthday party yesterday so we got to see the Warriors. Lydia is talking up a storm. She and Levi are both constantly going. I know that they are keeping Jeni and Necon occupied. Jeni was talking about another baby yesterday, though. I guess they'll have another one in the near future. Can you believe I forgot to take my camera to the birthday party? I hope Jeni posts some pics. I hate that I didn't get any pictures. I was just tired and not thinking. Well, I guess I've rambled enough now. I've really been missing Travis a lot lately and having lots of dreams about my deceased family members. God is giving me glimpses of the family I love. Take care, everyone, and keep in touch. Love you all.
Karen

No comments: