Jess and her dad, Andy, moved in with us on Tuesday evening. We have filled our rooms with friends and more friends. Jess has so many friends who've been with her since the wreck on July 12th. Every day she's had friends visiting and encouraging her during this very tragic time. It's still so hard to believe that we'd lose Travis and Hartford within a couple of years. They were both such gentlemen and filled with potential. I can't begin to explain to Jess the reasoning behind her loss, but at least we have the support of many loved ones to keep us moving forward. She is getting stronger every day, but still has a long way to go due to her surgery to address the ruptured intestine.
I've been trying to help Randy with the office work from home this week as much as I can. He's been very tolerant of my absence there. Things at work still have not been officially divided. Hopefully, we can accomplish that by the end of August. It seems like this ordeal has gone on forever. Keep us in your prayers, please.
We've been visiting Westover Hills Presbyterian church off Kavanaugh. The members there have been very friendly and supportive. At a recent informational meeting, Randy, Jess and I were all given prayer shawls that were blessed in that day's service. I feel like God has placed us in a new place for worship and study. It has been a long search, but I think we've found the church where we feel comfortable and nurtured. Love to you all.
Karen
No comments:
Post a Comment